Ben was raised in Westerville, Ohio. Ben is a proud graduate of St. Charles Preparatory Academy, and The Miami University Farmer School of Business. Strong ties to the community led Ben to start his real estate career at HER Realtors in 2002. Ben is not only a local expert, but a neighbor as well. He currently lives in New Albany with his wife and two daughters.
Ben's local market experience is a strong benefit when you are considering a move anywhere in Central Ohio. Testimonials from hundreds of satisfied clients tell the story best, and are available to view on the Testimonials tab on the home page of Ben’s personal website. Ben's dedication assures your goals are met, and your expectations exceeded.
HER named Ben a Partner in 2013, one of their youngest in agency history. Ben’s belief that real estate is “not a sales job. It’s about people” is the reason his business is now 98% referral and repeat based. It is a testament to his success and how he cares for his clients. He understands that he is there to help his clients navigate one of their highest-stake purchases, a significant moment in their lives and he takes this very seriously.
Ben also believes a person is only as successful as the community they represent, and gives back by volunteering with many organizations in the community. Some of these include: LifeCare Alliance, Meals on Wheels, and The Thanks For Giving 4 Miler. You can often find Ben and his family in the community supporting local professional sporting events such as The Columbus Crew, and participating in local dance, soccer and church events as well. Ben's success includes being a leader within the Columbus Realtors Association and some of his awards and leadership roles include:
- Recipient of the Columbus Realtors 10 under 40 Award in 2014 - This award is given annually to local Realtors under 40 years old who exemplify leadership, innovation and a commitment to raise the bar for local real estate. The award identifies the most successful of the industry’s up-and comers. Those who are selected have demonstrated excellence in the areas of sale’s, leadership, and community involvement.
- Leadership Academy Participant - Ben was awarded the honor of being one in thirteen to attend 2014’s prestigious Leadership Academy. (The leadership academy is a select group of leaders in the local real estate industry who demonstrate a desire to lead the Columbus Association of Realtors. Participants attend nine sessions, seven of which are intensely focused full-day programs designed to help develop expertise in business, public speaking, leadership, government, outreach, and the real estate industry.)
- Vice Chair (2015) and Co-Chair (2016) of the Columbus Realtors Young Professional Network (YPN)- Ben was chosen to help lead this group. YPN is a national organization by which local career minded real estate professionals can network to stay abreast of latest technology and industry tools to assure clients have a great experience!
- Five Star Award – The Five Star Award is a national, independent award that recognizes service professionals who provide the highest quality of service to their clients. Ben is particularly proud of this because it is an exclusively client-nominated recognition.
- Vice-Chair (2017) of Realtor Care Day and co-chair (2018) (Columbus Association of Realtors) – Ben was tasked to coordinate 500+ volunteers to boost curb appeal, value and community pride in the underprivileged area; 2017’s initiative will impact Hungarian Village.
- Selected as Columbus’ Representative for Tomorrow’s Leaders Today (2015) – Ben was one of two selected to represent the city of Columbus at the OAR Convention.
- MAME Award (2015) – The Marketing and Merchandising Excellence Awards (MAME) are awarded by the Building Industry Association of Central Ohio to honor the top achievers in the new home industry. (BIA sales and marketing award winners may include realtors, interior designers, architects, landscapers, suppliers, remodelers, builders, and more.)
- Various Annual HER Awards, including the President’s Club distinction (2002-2019) – Ben has received various HER awards each year since the beginning of his career. Since 2009, when he first eligible working as an independent agent, Ben has earned the President’s Club distinction every year. Beyond this productivity-based recognition within HER, his annual sales volume places him in the top 1% of all 7,800 realtors in Columbus.
- Forty Under 40 Award (2017) – The Forty under 40 award is in its 25th year and is the longest-running awards program at Business First. The award recognizes young “movers and shakers” in the community. The 40 honorees, who are under the age of 40, are judged on their outstanding career achievements and community service. The nominees are evaluated by a panel of Business First judges in four categories: Reason for nomination, Career Achievements, Community Involvement, and Awards & Recognition.
-The Mary ORR Spirit Award (2018)- The Spirit Award is to celebrate and recognize the dedication, commitment, and achievements of volunteers who give their time to our older adult citizens so they can remain independent in their homes.
-Director Columbus Realtors (2019)- The Columbus REALTORS® Board of Directors determine the policies, activities and expenditures of the Association; approves, elects and disciplines all members; elects the officers of the Board; counsels with the various committees and, in general, shall have entire charge and management of the affairs of Columbus REALTORS®.
-Vice Chair (2019) and Chair of Governmental Affairs at Columbus Realtors (2020)- Responsible for public policy advocacy & PAC management for over 8,500 Columbus REALTORS®, ensuring the protection of private property rights. Work with local, state and federal officials to create a business friendly environment for residential and commercial real estate. Manage Ohio’s largest local PAC, Central Ohio REALTORS® Political Action Committee (CORPAC).The Government Affairs Committee reviews public policy issues to establish & recommend positions to be approved by the Columbus REALTORS® Board of Directors or PAC contributions by the CORPAC Governing Board.